I am unemployed and now what, below are some simple steps you should take.
- Build your on-line presence and Linked in profile, network on all social networks.
- Start a Blog, talk about relevant articles related to the field of expertise you are pursuing.
- Keep your skills current read expertise related books and go through some certifications. Take free on-line technical courses and certifications and add them to your resume.
- Volunteer your expertise to a small company that can use your help, this could lead to a job with them or even a job with another company that they had passed your expertise.
- Follow up with the jobs, email, call them ask them to coffee. Remember you must set yourself apart from the rest of the people they talk to each day!
- Be available for every recruiter that calls and talk to them when they call, do not put them off, do not ask them to call back.