What is the difference between SPFILE and PFILE?
@ : Home >
> Interview Room
- SPFILE is by default created during database creation whereas PFILE should be created from SPFILE.
- PFILE is client side text file whereas SPFILE is server side binary file.
- SPFILE is a binary file (it can’t be opened) whereas PFILE is a text file we can edit it and set parameter values.
- Changes made in SPFILE are dynamically effected with running database whereas PFILE changes are effected after bouncing the database.
- We can backup SPFILE using RMAN.