What is a control file?
@ : Home >
> Interview Room
- The control file is a binary file which records the physical structure of a database.
- It includes some log files and their respective location, Database name, and timestamp when a database is created, checkpoint information.
- We find the CONTROL_FILE parameter in initialization parameter file which stores information about control file location.
- We can multiplex control files, store in different locations to make control files available even if one is corrupted.
- We can also avoid the risk of single point of failure to keep multiple control file in a different location.