What is a recovery catalog?
@ : Home >
> Interview Room
- Recovery catalog is an inventory of backup taken by RMAN for the database.
- Recovery catalog can be setup another server that can be act as a central recovery catelog.
- The size of the recovery catalog schema depends upon the number of databases monitored by the catalog.
- It is used to restore a physical backup, reconstruct it, and make it available to the oracle server.
- RMAN can be used without recovery catalog.
- Recovery catalog also holds RMAN stored scripts